Monday, September 10, 2012

Cutty Shark

Despite the rolling black clouds that looked like "The Nothing", I went out with my brother and my sous chef on a skiff last week. A skiff is a tiny boat. Holds about 2 to 3 people. Even after the first drop of rain, my brother tried to convince me all was well. 5 seconds later he says, "Yeah...maybe we should pull over into the Marina." Yeah. Maybe indeed. As we were docking the bottom fell out and we JUST made it to safety. Oh - and we had NO ROPE. So we tied our life jackets together and tied the skiff up that way. Ghetto ass shit. Good thing Cutty Shark had food and beer to keep us occupied for an hour. I stole some of the steamed shrimp from Will. They were delicious. Love dipping them in hot butter then cocktail sauce. Delish!

 My sous chef ordered hush puppies. The trick to eating them: cut one in half and dip each end in butter. Reconnect the puppy and pour on the malt vinegar. Perfection! 

I had a cheeseburger (which I also split with my sous chef). It was a frozen patty (bummer) but I didn't seem to mind. I also enjoyed eating my fries dipped in ranch dressing. I think we weighed the boat down quite a bit on our way back. Oops. 

No comments: