Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pistachio Crusted Pork Tenderloin

I read a bunch of recipes on how to do this and I got a bunch of different results - some said to add oyster sauce and some said to roll the meat in pistachios after it was already cooked. Well, I think I found the recipe that was the easiest and well, I like easy. Also, tenderloin is lean and juicy. Super healthy option. Plus, nuts are good for you. And the nuts - when baked they get all toasty flavored and even more delicious.

First of all - buy shelled pistachios. I didn't because it was like $8 cheaper - but I regretted it! I think I even told my husband, "Hope you're not hungry right this minute!" You know - to prepare him that dinner was taking a hot minute.

Ingredients: super simple!

Pork Tenderloin

2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 cup pistachios, finely chopped

About an hour before cooking, remove tenderloin from the fridge and let come to room temperature.  Cover in mustard and roll in pistachios. (I put my nuts in my tiny blender for 30 seconds- came out perfect!!!)
Place meat in a baking dish in 450 degree oven and cook for five minutes then reduce to 280 degrees and cook until meat thermometer registers 170 degrees.  Remove from oven.  Slice and serve.

No comments: