Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Schiller's Liquor Bar

Met my gals for brunch the other day at Schiller's and it did not disappoint. The first time I ate here with my husband we ate dinner. I'm not sure what our entrees were but I remembered we had the garlic shrimp as an app and a few years later that dish was featured on the hit TV series "The Best Thing I Ever Ate". That's right - I ate it BEFORE it was on TV! If you haven't had it yet and you like garlic, shrimp and olive oil you need to go get it. Anyways, I didn't get the shrimp this time - I got the Croque Madame. And yes, it's just as good as the one I ate in Paris. The bread is a nice hearty slice topped with salty thin sliced ham, that creamy sauce and then it's topped with gooey cheese and a fried egg. Schiller's pairs it with a simple salad of greens. With a hot coffee, it's easily one of my perfect meals.

No comments: